I don't usually write about anything Shidduch related. But I saw this today and it really captures how I view shidduchim. People have their theories and opinions about how and why and what. If i get my nose done, go to singles events, make more contacts, anything, then maybe I'll get married sooner. Compromise more. Maybe we need more incentives for shadchanim? My theory. G-d runs the world. He makes Shidduchim. G-d has no crisis. The end.
I love Friday. I love the feeling that Shabbat is coming. Shabbos is a day like no other.. and that means that erev Shabbat is by association just as special. About a year and a half a go...maybe longer...I started buying flowers " lekavod shabbat kodesh!" In seminary, Rabbi Geisler told us something that really stuck with me. He said that he does not buy his wife flowers on Friday. He and his wife go and buy flowers for Shabbat together. Rav Shimshon Pincus, in his sefer on Shabbat, also talks about flowers. He says that he went to the store to buy flowers for Shabbat. He went to the roses. Only the best for Shabbat. Only the best for the Queen. But he couldn't decide how many to get. A dozen. two dozen..there is no value for Shabbat. Maybe he should just buy them all? In the end he bought three roses; one for each of the avot, which in turn correspond to the three meals of Shabbat. The greatness of Shabbat is often ignored, trampled on. R'Pincus explains tha...
Comments
Post a Comment
you know what to do....