A Cleaner Tomorrow

I feel compelled to follow up the last uber depressing post with a more positive one.

Princess Lea just wrote about the importance of delayed gratification. Self Control. Words that seem so foreign to too many people these days. One of the reasons anorexics go to such extreme measures of dieting, is that they feel like they have lost all control of their lives and food, well that is one thing that is under their control. That sense of control, that degree of discipline is empowering. Being a dictator just yourself, is still power.

I have harnessed this power. No, I am not anorexic. My friend is getting married in March, and I am dieting and exercising. I have been complaining for too long that my coat doesnt fit without doing anything about it. Its invigorating. I am in control. Not my sweet tooth, not the late night munchies..I made a decision to eat healthy and well and I am sticking to it.

I am slowly, cleaning my apartment, really deep cleaning and its cathartic. I think that i may have missed my calling as a cleaning lady. There is something purifying about scrubbing till my arm hurts, till the wood gleams, the sink glistens, and the apartment smells lemony fresh.

Linens changed, laundry washed, towels folded and put away.

Its a sense of renewal. A sense of a clean start. A clean organized home hopefully means a organized and clean mind.

heres to the road of recovery and taking back control of my life...as much as i can anyways..because at the end of the day...its His world,were just visiting.

Comments

  1. Oh, my! I'm so flattered to have been linked!

    That initial step is the tough one, and then it sort of snowballs into eagerly tackled tasks. I'm also having a simcha in a few weeks, and I'm pretty much on Red Alert all the time. But I've found that being aware and proactive a pleasanter place to be than not grabbing the bull by the horns. And is there anything that gives one such a sense of accomplishment like having scrubbed the bathroom?

    There is so much in this world that is out of our control, but there is still plenty that is. Let us be masters of our own destiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm flattered that your flattered :)
      its great feeling to take back control

      Delete
  2. I actually read that post before I saw this link. :)

    That's so great! It's nice when you start organizing and cleaning-you feel so much better afterwards and it definitely gives you a sense of accomplishment! Good for you!

    Now the trick is to keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

you know what to do....

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight