Devotion-its the real thing

so last night as i was lying in bed thinking abt how i have to wake up in a few short hrs..i was laying there thinking abt what to write abt this morning.i tried going thru the usual suspects..marta stories..parking..class..gym..nothing came to mind...i really havent been doing anyting of much lately,working out and studying thats abt the basics of my life right now...
So im just gonna start and see where this goes,..ya ready?
So this week was my mother's birthday and me and my sister suprised her and we blindfolded her adn took her to get a mani-pedi. so not my kinda place but hey they tell me women like that kinda thing so we took my mother. she was so excited and as shes getting her pedi she tells me and my sister that she wants us to get our nails done..on her..now this is when i began to protest. bad enuf that the smell of acetoe reminded me of my chemistry lab but to sit there while someone smassaged my hands and cleaned my cuticles..no thank u! i resisted, i declined, i argued -i kick box i do not get manicures! but my mother really really wanted me to (she is still hoping that one day ill go back to being that girly girl i once was)finally cuz it was her birthday i begrudgingly picked out a color and sat at the table waiting for the torturous process to begin. suffice it to say it was finaly over and now i have my nails done. its odd, cuz for me its so outta place so wrong but i have to admit they do look nice.

but why do u care abt my saga? serisouly any advice as to how this is gonna work? fine dont help me guess im gonna do this my self. sometimes we are asked to do things taht we dont wanna do. whether its our parents asking us to brush our teeth when we were five..doing our homework..studying for the quiz i have today...anyways u get my point. things taht we dont wanna do but in then end..we just may be happy with the results. and this doesnt juist apply inj the physical realm(does anything?)we are commanded my G-d to do many things.some we understand, some we dont but it doenst really bother us so whats the diff. but there are somethings that are just hard, we dont understand or we do and its still too hard for us to contemplate.i think we all get the beauty of tznius but one thing that popped into my head was covering one's hair when a girl gets married. its ur hair, its never been covered before and now-bam! its gotta hide pple who have seen it a hundred times before are no longer allowed..but it doenst take long for us to understand the beauty in it....
on the morning of my mothers birthday i was at home studying(what else?) and i needed a break studying wears me out. normally id just chill read a book something but it ws my mothers birthday so i decided id giver her a break so i cleaned the kitchen..put away the dishes (which i despise doing btw) cleaned the counters did the laundary and then finally settled down to make myslef lunch and i even washed those dishes..wow was i proud of myslef. then yesterday i was at home-studying- and the kitchjen was suprise a mess so i had two choices to clean or be lazy. now im not proud of this decision but i decided to be lazy..i reasoned with myself- i did it yesterday.last night i also helped alot, im sore from the gym(i started bootcamp again) bekitzur i didnt do it.

now that im sitting here thinking abt my week, i realize that how self-centered am i? on my mothers birthday sure i help, i clean but once its past taht day..im too lazy again. why is it that on her birthday she only deserves help but on every other day..we..i..expoect my mother to be superwoman. she goes to work in the morning she coems home late in teh afternoon she's exhausted but there is laundaru to do. dinner to make, im in school till like 730 most nights so i cant help with picking the kids up and stuff. she is a busy bee. but somehow we forget that when we come home "Exhausted" from a day at school..maa whats for dinner ..we whine as we fall on to the couch. my mother says what do u want ill make it for u? then i (poor child) have to sit there and decide what i want while my mother makes it, now to my credit usually i end up making something myself but still the expectation is there that our mothers will be there to help us no matter what.

but what abt the other way around. we all know the concept of mothers day. and what happens on mothers day peole by their mothers flowers, chocolates a nice card and then they go on with their lives. we- in the jewish world- recognize that the mitzva of KIbbud Av V'Aim applys to every second of every day of every week of every month of evrey yr. now of course its easier to make one day devoted to mothers and let that kinda "cover u" for the yr tell next time it comes ariound. so i propose taht we institute a weekly mother's day. we should all take upon ourselves one day of the week when we will do whatever it is that would make oiur mother's life easier. and make it a set day. u cant change it up..make that one day a week completely devoted to her.or maybe oncea month if this is too much. just make the commitment. and once u make that commitent..ull see how much better it'll make things for your mother. and once we make our selves copmpletely devoted to one thing we'll see what its like to be completely devoted to Hashem.

For a lot of us..its hard to be COMPLETELT DEVOTED to anything so when we are expected to be completely devoted to Hashem we dont really know what it means..but if we were to try this exoperimenmt and devote ourselves fully and thwn we will see what a sense of connection and relationship taht will develop from this devotion. then we will be craving to be devoted to Hashem., bcz in a relatinship of absolute devotion tyo Hakadush Baruch Hu there are no limits on how far and how deep it can go. the further taht relationship develops the further U develop as a person and the closer we get to fulfilling our potential.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight