Home

I was on the bus coming home from school today and it struck me again.
I cannot believe I live here.
Its not that its bad.
I'm usually OK with it
Sometimes its even fabulous
But sometimes it strikes me
and  I remember that this is not home

I think its the same way with the Galut that we are in
Usually its all good
Its not horrible
Sometimes its down right glorious
But then sometimes
We get shaken
And we remember
It strikes us
I can't believe I'm here
I'm not home

Im eshkachech Yerushalayim Tishkach Yimini 


Comments

  1. Okay, New York is not that bad.

    And I know what you mean. It gets confusing sometimes, I tell someone I'm going 'home' for Shabbos, and then immediately I have to clarify, Family home or apartment home. And the funny thing is, I say I'm going 'home' for Shabbos, but after Shabbos I say I'm going 'home' to my apartment. I used to think I had no home. But now it seems I have 2 of them.

    And yes, iy''h we will all be home very soon, in Yerushalayim with Moshiach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not saying NY is that bad, I just can't believe that this is my life
    Living on my own, in NY when i am a die hard OOT-er.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

you know what to do....

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight