unrealistic

A while ago I wrote a post about unexpecting the expected. I thought I had it all figured out. It was easy now. If you have no expectations..then you cant get hurt right? right? Someone please tell me I am right?!

Ok. Fine. Its not that simple. Its not that easy. and no it does not always work out the way you want.

For try as I might, expectations creep in. When you are looking the other way..it tip toes stealthily right into your heart. I convinced myself that I wouldn't do it this time. I will not have unrealistic expectations! I wont! Ha! Epic fail.

I have been going through something really difficult these past few weeks. Really intense. Life altering. It is times like these when you turn to your nearest and dearest for support. Those that are supposed to be the closest to you-you want them to get you. You want them to be there for you in the exact capacity that you need them to be. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way.

This is not to say that my nearest and dearest have been anything but supportive. They have been incredibly supportive doing anything they can think of to help. Everything, but the thing i need them to do.

It is at that moment when you realize that every relationship you have fails you. No one lives up to what you need them to be for you at that moment. When the problem is that global you have to think that maybe its me- I am the one with the problem. Having unrealistic expectations from every single relationship from family to all levels of friends...every single one leaves you feeling lacking..that sucks.

So take what you can get? Settle? I don't know.

Comments

  1. Agreed. Personally, that is why I at no point ever rely or expect anything from anyone aside but myself. I know I am the only one can truly be counted on to do whats needed for "me."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

you know what to do....

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight