shabbat ponderings

 So this shabbat was definitely out of my comfort zone. 

This was the first time I had spent shabbat alone in a foreign country. There were about 50 people there- majority of which were secular isrealis.  

I managed  to find a few american guys from Crown Heights so that helped. 

Overall I have to say that shabbat was interesting . There was not a huge amount of food. I ended up having my jerky so i could have meat on shabbat. I had some instant soup. I read. Spent a lot of time with my own thoughts, insecurities and doubts. 

It was pouring rain from about 3pm till 11 when i went to sleep. 

Havdala was comforting. The same sefardi havdala my father makes. I always find it beautiful when seemingly irreligious jews show up for shabbat and havdala. 

Still not sure how long I will stay here. But the sun is out again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight