Embrace the pain!

SOOOOOoo... what to write? what to write? yesterday, I had one of teh most accomplishing days i've had in a while. Thursday is the one day a week taht I dont have school, and boy did i take advantage, I woke up early cuz i had a DOc appointment and ran around all day, it was like i was in Israel.
Currently i have three holes poked in me, one is in my left arm where the nurse took blood to run labs, the other two are on my right; a finger prick to make sure my iron(Fe) levels are good and then a deep poke in my right arm into my radial vein ..so what, well i didnt know till .5 a sec ago so allow me to share my epiphany...my better vein is in my left arm and that was used for the shnooky little blood test so on my right arm where the real action was taking place and i needed to fill up a bag of blood- i had to use my smaller and less visable vein. she had to dig into my arm to get it cuz it was deeper than she thought and then cuz she used so much iodine to numb me, it burned when she stuck the needle in cuz it seeped thru. the more of teh story i write the more there is to analogize abt!
So the holes, sometimes we use our energy on something that at that time we think is very important, we spend money on "the best" cuz it seems crucial at the time..but soon later -maybe hours in my case- you realize that it wasnt really that important, you couldve settled for less, you couldve maybe given it up that one time cuz you needed that money ;that energy ;that vein for something more important...i could keep going on but you get the point
as for the numb adn burn..sometimes we think that something is gonna hurt really badly adn its gonna kill, so we try to num ourselves..now i knwo taht this not something that anyone of us would do, but take alcohol as an example, pple use alcohol, drugs to numb themselves from teh pain of life, but teh burn after that wears off is so much worse than teh initial pain. sometimes we jsut wanna be numb, ignore the problems around us, begging for them to go away, we hide in our room, we ignore the pple we have teh problem with, but in the end it is so much worse than if we faced it in the begining, than if we didnt crave the numbness
so go ahead embrace the pain, avoid teh burn!

Comments

  1. but sometimes when you embrace the pain it gets to be so much that you burst and do something you're going to regret...so don't bite off more then you can chew

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

you know what to do....

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight