Make a new friend!

So it seems that im pulling more all nighters than ever before..and so seeing that i didnt sleep last night..i hope this is somewhat coherent. the only thing that is keeping me up right now is serious caffeine and some sersious betas blast ing in my ear! yesterday i was coming home from work and man i had such a good idea for a post..and then of course i forgot it last night but then i had an awesome reminder which i will share shortly..

as i was coming home from work i was thinking how its pathetic how pathetic my davening is..and i was thinking how its not like i dont connect to G-d and its not that I dont think He's control or that He is involved in my life. in fact to the contrary..i like to find Him everywhere (even on marta..lol)  so i was trying to figuire out why it wasnt working i remembered an article i read on aish..and i wish i had time to link it..about this lady who got stuck in a real bad situation and she didnt have her phone on her so she couldnt call anyone to console her..to talk it out with so the only place she cud turn to was Hashem..and that was one of the most powerful prayers she ever had!

and this really struck a cord with me. friends are a big part of my life and i am blessed to have such great friends that are always there but at the same time i see how this can be crippling when it comes to developing a relationship with G-d. we go to Him for the big things..but how often do we stop and talk to Him? have a conversation tell Him how our days was..how annoying that test was..the crazy traffic..as i was telling my friend the other day..its the ramblings that build relationships..its those conversations you have with your friends about nothing really that build the bond,that let u know that when u need the person for something big then u know u can trust them to be there during teh hard times like they were there during teh good times.

the same is with Hashem. we are told that Hashem is our Father in Heaven. He wants to hear our prayers...and we do ..usually..try to at least get one in a day if were good two..but come on..how often do u talk to ur best friend..btween txts, emails and phone calls..u know its more than two (unless ur married...lol then its diff apply teh same concept to husvand..lol) and the txts arent always discussing the meaning of life..it cud be just a hey..thinking of ya..and maybe..this may be the key to turning over ur relationnship with Hashem. maybe its time to ramble, take the time during shemona esrei to tell Him about yr day..when ur walking to your car ask Him for help with dealing with traffic. converse..ramble..cuz u know that person who u alwys reach for to call when ur bored or have an extra sec..make that Hashem once a day...ramble..go ahead its good for you..

and the best part is that wehn u've been rambling ur soon not emvbarresed to tell this person anything..cuz theyve seen u at ur worst and best. for soem reason we seem to be embarrsed of Hashem at times..why i dont know its not like He doesnt know what u did..but were embarrsed to telll Him..but if u have the kinda relationship where He knows everything thats happening in ur life cuz u told Him that it wont be so hard...and then the tears may come a little easier.. man last night i was stressing big time  not doing so well especially with teh lack of sleep..and lets just say i wasnt dealing ..but then i got introduced to this song..which can be really inspirational if we just let oursleves absorb the words..
cuz u know what were allowed to be in ichy moods sometimes and tho we may not like it and it may make us feel vulnerable and weak maybe..those are the perfect moments to reach out and connect to our FRiend who loves us and wants only the best for us and will do whatevr it takes to make it good...

All in a flash my world's gone dark
Standing alone, my heart is crying
Everything good that I once knew
Suddenly gone, I feel I’m falling
Into a tunnel black as night
Nobody here to still my fright
Lost and forlorn
From where will come my aid?

Only once place I can turn to
An open gate my tears can flow through
Hashem alone will guide me, now
He’s my Father
He loves me
He’ll help me today

Suddenly I feel my heart soar
Never alone my world is brighter
Weary and worn, I feel secure
Though nothing has changed
My load is lighter
Rocky and rough my path may be
I know in my heart He’s carrying me
Guiding me through forever...

Only once place I can turn to
Suddenly I feel my heart soar
An open gate my tears can flow through
Never alone, I feel secure....
Hashem alone will guide me, now
He’s my Father
He loves me
He’ll help me...

The end of my tunnel’s now in sight
The darkness has changed now I see light
Me’ayin yavo ezri?
Me’im Hashem
Ezri me’im Hashem

Only once place I can turn to
Suddenly I feel my heart soar
An open gate my tears can flow through
Never alone, I feel secure....
Hashem alone will guide me, now
He’s my Father
He loves me
He’ll help me today
today

we just have to let Him in to our lives, make Him part of our exclusive group of close freinds..one of the few privy to the details of our lives and not bcz He is omniscient and knows all but bcz we choose to let Him in..for when u choose to connect with someone..when u actively choose a freind, a husband the person is so much dearer to you..cuz u know that this is someone that u want to be close to as opposed to someone who happend to have been there teh whole time..its just diff..so choose to let Him in, choose to ramble and choose to make a new friend..one who has always been there in teh shadows watching out for you and protecting you even when u didt know He existed...choose to have Him close to your heart and then ull never be alone..even if u cell phone dies..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight