Go Shorty


Go, go, go, go, go, go
Go, shorty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's your birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday

There is no partying today, even though its my birthday. Away from home, away from my family and  friends, im celebrating my birthday with my books, with my laptop and my notes. 

Birthdays are a day of reflection. People ask you "how do you feel now that your (insert age)" and i often respond, exactly the same way i did yesterday. Nothing has changed. Its all the same. So the clock struck 12 and im officially one year older. Yippeee. 

Birthdays are a way of marking time. People often congratulate you on your birthday, sometimes you get presents. But it does not really make any sense. What did i do to deserve this? I survived another year so i deserve recognition? Its time for a person to look at her own life, for me to look at my life and reflect- what is it that i have accomplished this year? what do i have to show for myself? 

- i have done almost a year of PA school- i made it thus far
- i have managed to live on my own in a different city without any close friends or family 
-ive learned a lot about myself some that was frightening all that was enlightening 

its been a year. im one year more away from birth, one more year closer to death. one more year of tests, and accomplishments. one more year of laughter and tears. one more year of maturation. 

What does your birthday mean to you?

Comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! May this year be THE year. Shnas Bracha Shnas hatzlacha Shnas parnassa and gezunt and shidduchim and success in school and everything else you need or want. Do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day AM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I wish you the best.

    Ps. And thanks for blogging; it's inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen and thank you all for your well wishes and for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

you know what to do....

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight