goodbye

Goodbye

Its been the proverbial roller coaster. It was hot and then cold. Intense and then distant. Hours on the phone everyday and then nothing for weeks.

You were a good friend to me. You were what i needed at the time. Understood me. Helped me through difficult times. We laughed. We cried.

I was there for you. Held your hand when you needed it. Kept my distance when you told me you couldn't be friends anymore. We went through hell and back together.

You promised me that when you got married, you wouldn't disappear. I didn't believe you. But you proved me wrong. I was impressed. You were not like everyone else. This friendship really does mean something to you. When you said you were committed you weren't lying. At least initially.

Then you disappeared. Again.

This time it didn't hurt. Well maybe a little. Being ignored always hurts. But nothing compared to last time. You cannot be bothered to make a phone call, answer a text, or an email. Before you say your busy..no one is that busy. There is no one who does not have the time to text. If its important to you- you would make time. Its that simple.

Every once in a while i think about the friendship we had. The hours, the weeks, the months, the years that I invested. It makes me sad and hurt.

So I have decided that this is it. I am saying goodbye. Have a nice life. I hope that everything works well for you. I just cant care anymore.

asta lavista

Comments

  1. The term "friendship" has lost its significance nowadays. People refer to someone who treats them terribly as a "friend," whereas I am very particular as who merits the noble title of "friend."

    Only very select friendships triumph over the test of time. Unlike family, there is no blood to tie two unconnected people in such a manner. With time, people change; either one moves forward while one stays behind, or perhaps both continue onward, but in different directions.

    We should approach friendships more pragmatically, that many are meant to last but a short time, but we should enjoy them while we can. We should also know when to let go, knowing when a friendship has played its course, and that there is nothing more worthwhile to be gained from such a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, i held on for too long and now..im letting go..

    ReplyDelete
  3. In life you get a small group fo true friends - everyone else is a drifter. Drifters serve their role too but.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. As tough as this is (and I've been there too), sometimes you need to let go. You need to stop holding on to a friendship when you keep getting hurt. It's hard to give it up, to stop chasing and begging for your friend to come back to you, but if she doesn't want it, there's no point in running after her. It takes strength to give it up and say that real goodbye-but you'll save yourself from a lot more hurt and pain that way. I know what it's like.
    Sounds like you've been having a rough couple of months. (hug) Hold on strong...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

you know what to do....

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight