Emotional cleansing

 So many feelings. So many. I was driving just now and they hit me and I knew I just needed to get it out. 

First, my friend is getting admitted today for surgery on her leg.  A tumor. and we knew it was happening but it was pushed off and she was getting all these opinions. Then this morning I get the text that she is on the way to the hospital. and my issue with always being insecure in my friendships and I was having all these feeling about " how can she say I'm her person, when she told me the same time as everyone else, she totally disappeared, " just the general feeling again that I was not important enough or special enough. And i tried to reign it in - this is her time, she is the one in crisis and if i am the good friend i purport to be I will not make it about me. I was sitting on the couch crying at home. I was not sure what i was crying about. Was I scared for her surgery? Sad that i was being left out? Probably both. 

at the same time, I just want to call her. the one person that has always understood me. but I know that I cant. and I know that she hasn't been that person for me unfortunately in a long time. but still whenever my day sucks or something happens, she is still the first person I want to call. even though i cant. even though I wont. 

anyway, my friend messaged me to come stay with her tonight in the hospital. yay I'm needed. I'm wanted. 

i hope one day my own personal worth wont rely on other people deeming me worthy. of other people needing me. 

I'm working on it 

ok feelings out. 

thanks for listening 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My plane broke!

tonight